PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Build My Pull List

Christopher J. Lawton
08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
So, I finally have a local comic shop to call my own. Five of them actually. That means September is going to be a good time to start collecting. Of course, with the DCnU starting up, all those books will be new, so I'll be able to make those selections myself...

I want to know what I should read from the other companies... What's good right now? Who should I pay attention to? What comics in September are going to be worth my time?

Help a brother out!

Craig Reade
08-19-2011, 06:11 PM
*cough* (http://www.cxpulp.com/content.php?1797-40buck082011)

:)

Blake Petit
08-20-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm sure you've decided which new DC books you want to try, so I'll turn my attention elsewhere. FF and Avengers Academy are consistently the two best books Marvel is publishing. I really dig Witch Doctor from Image and Snarked from Boom. And IDW is launching new ongoings for both Star Trek and Ghostbusters, if you're a fan.

Christopher J. Lawton
08-20-2011, 05:41 AM
I'm sure you've decided which new DC books you want to try, so I'll turn my attention elsewhere. FF and Avengers Academy are consistently the two best books Marvel is publishing. I really dig Witch Doctor from Image and Snarked from Boom. And IDW is launching new ongoings for both Star Trek and Ghostbusters, if you're a fan.

I do love Star Trek. And Ghostbusters. Both of those appeal to me. Are they starting in August or September?

And, Craig, of course I'm considering your 40-dollar pull list. I hope you realize the site is more than just you and Brandon, right? :D

Blake Petit
08-20-2011, 05:44 AM
I think they're both September launches, yeah. Maybe October, but no later, they've both been solicited.

Craig Reade
08-20-2011, 05:47 AM
And, Craig, of course I'm considering your 40-dollar pull list. I hope you realize the site is more than just you and Brandon, right? :D

Me and who? Huh?

Fanatix
08-23-2011, 05:11 AM
I want to know what I should read from the other companies... What's good right now? Who should I pay attention to? What comics in September are going to be worth my time?

I think that's the problem. The best current indy or creator-owned work are big serial stories which have been going on for several years now:

DMZ
Walking Dead
Invincible
Fables
Chew

The only ones I can think of (that I have read) that would be easy to jump on board on are:

Red Wing by Hickman and Pitarra from Image is on issue 2 of 4.
Morning Glories by Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma from Image is on issue 11.
The Sixth Gun by Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt from Oni Press is on issue 14.