Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread from Canuckistan

Blog Entries
    Something weird about that.

It's crazy. I absolutely loved Degrassi — the old shows, not the newer series. It was a pretty groundbreaking TV show, detailing a pretty realistic but not sensationalized look at teen life. Did you know that some episodes are still banned from airing in certain US markets?

I also had the advantage of growing up "with" the show. I was in junior high when Degrassi Junior High first aired, and in high school when the cast moved on to Degrassi High. I also always felt that me and my two best friends sorta lived "in between" Wheels, Snake and Joey; my personality was a mix of Snake and Joey, one of my friends was Snake and Wheels and another was Wheels and Joey. Plus we were also in a ridiculous band of sorts

Also remember attending An Evening With Kevin Smith in Toronto, where, as a huge Degrassi fan himself, he was introduced by the actors who played Joey and Snake. His first words? "Where the **** is Wheels?"

Now I guess we know.

Blog Entries
    Happy Family Day everyone...at least in Ontario.

So be family to each other.

Stupid holiday hat had to exist AFTER I left the province

Ah well, at least we get St. Jean Baptiste Day.

And seconds after I post this, my mom calls me to wish me a happy Family Day, and wonders why I am at work. Stupid Quebec.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't interested in watching the Scot's Tournment of Hearts curling championship, as the ladies no longer wear skirts...only now they all wear Lululemon yoga pants so its all good again.

At the risk of sounding girly, fellow Canucks: OMG have you had DAVIDsTEA yet?

Blog Entries
    Hey Canada, let's take a moment to remember and reflect on this day when the Canadian Army fought for the first time as a united corps at Vimy Ridge in 1917.

And to some, including myself, this marked our coming of age as a nation, proud and independent.

Blog Entries
    The Canadian Women's hockey defeat the US to take the World Championship!!!

Woo-hoo!