Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CM Punk

CM Punk

Did anyone catch this promo? HOLY SHIT.

"Fight's over, son." Superman to Billy Batson.

"Superman's dials go to 11. Mine start there." - Me

Blog Entries
    WTF was that. Even if it was an in-charater "shoot" it was still brilliantly well done. All the way down to the Stone Cold shirt.

I havent watched wrestling, aside from the Rocks return right before Mania, until that promo tonight. I was scanning through the channels, and heard Brocks name, so stopped. I know who CM Punk is, and had read on other boards he was an awesome mic man, so I gave him my ear. I'm glad I did. That was one of the best worked shoots I've ever seen. It was one of the top 5 promos I've ever seen. Brilliantly done.

I don't know if it was a worked shoot. I wouldn't put it past Vince, but holy crap.

Blog Entries
    WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm still buzzing from it. I'm in a hotel room tonight for work and I was jumping up and down going nuts over what he was saying. Probably the last time I bounced around so much during raw was valentines Day when the Rock returned and tore Cena, Cole and the house down with his return promo annoucing he had come "home".

I do think it was a worked shoot.
    First off the whole storyline is just a little too "convienient" that his contract runs out the night of a PPV. So I do think a certain aspect of the angle is scripted.
    Earlier in the day Punk had tweeted that he was in a "what are they going to do, fire me? mode"
    Then Cole announces that Punk is suspended and his profile page on WWE.com is immediately taken down. WWE.com is NEVER that fast unless they know whats coming.

Do I think he maybe ad-libbed some of what he probably told the writers and bookers what he was going to say? Absolutely. And it was glorious. And the controversy and attention this promo brings probably only guarantees that he will be welcomed back to WWE because Vince's bottom line has always been about the almighty dollar.

Agreed. IF you dont think it was a worked shoot, then it obviously worked on you and the rest of the kayfabe audience. But it was worked. As Fantax said, why would he talk about leaving with the title after a ppv? Surely if it wasnt worked, and he was shooting from the hip, hes done after tonight. There is no I'm leaving after.....its I'm leaving tonight, due to what I'm about to say. I'm sure they were aware of the Brock, NJPW, RoH and that he was going to attack the family. WHAT he said about the family might not have been scripted, and might get him a talking too, but was most defintely worked.

Just watched it again it was so good. Its most assuredly a work. First, if it wasnt, as soon as he starts ripping on Cena, why would Cena continue to sell? Why would the cameras keep rolling? Why wasnt his mic shut off as soon as he busted a "You kiss more ass than Hulk and Dwayne. Oops, I broke the 4th wall" Mic = off at that point. So many things. Then Cole makes it a point to announce to the crowd after that he's suspended and his profile is down. Then its said another Raw is being taped immediately after this one tonight, and Triple H is having a number on contenders match.

Also, WWE twitter is tweeting non stop that Punk is in meetings with those he called out.

So much set up.

Blog Entries
    By the way, Raw next week will be taped tonight so there are already spoilers on the net. If you are going to say something from next weeks show please be sure to use spoiler tags. I'm trying really hard not to read the results for next weeks show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xja-T...ature=youtu.be

In case ya wanna watch the promo.

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is 100% a worked shoot.

His promo ended EXACTLY at their usual ending time.

@wwemagazine was "covering" some "meetings" backstage afterwards with cryptic comments.

Cena did nothing at all. The E isn't that sloppy - they'd have cut his feed WAY earlier if he was off script. They would have had Cena get up and do something (the refs have earpieces). Security would have come out. Something.

Every part of this angle has spun out of the rumors about him leaving. The whole reason for the Austin shirt and namedropping Heyman was to invoke their tweets. This entire angle is Vince realizing the product is stale, and trying to generate some interest. He's working the internet smarks, while at the same time making compelling television.

Also? Raw is "live," but they do have a good delay. They'd have cut it sooner if they really wanted to.