Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sin Cara suspended

Sin Cara suspended

WWE.com has reported that Sin Cara has been suspended for 30 days due to his first violation of the company's wellness policy.

See ya in 30, ya roided up spot monkey!

"Fight's over, son." Superman to Billy Batson.

"Superman's dials go to 11. Mine start there." - Me

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably painkillers over roids... my guess. I don't think CMLL does any testing... could be wrong though.

Blog Entries
    Thats a shame. He put on a great performance at Money in the Bank match and it seemed like he was finally beginning to fit in a bit better. Hopefully this doesnt derail his progress.

I read on a wrestling site today that the word going around the back is that Sin Cara will not be back after his suspension. It went on to talk about how this whole mess is making HHH look bad as Cara was his first big international talent that he fully backed and pushed WWE to sign.

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I am hearing the same thing. The smarts are still on about HHH of course, but I don't think it has anything to do with that. The truth is, he hasn't performed as expected. The fans aren't that into him, and he really isn't putting on great matches.

I don't think that is necessarily his fault though. They tried to make another Rey Mysterio from scratch... but while he started working the lucha style, he had years to transition to a more American audience... and then later to the WWF. Mistico was saddled with an over-the-top gimmick, and expected to maintain the flash of the lucha style while working with guys not accustomed to it.

He should have worked extended feuds with guys like Chavo, Rey, and Alberto del Rio. He should have spent a long time FCW as well.

Do you think Sin Cara's troubles — not just the Well Policy, but his lacklustre performance — could also stem from the fact that he doesn't speak any English? I mean, adapting to an American style must be tough, and even tougher when you can't hash out plans with your opponent in advance or call spots in the ring.

Blog Entries
    Of course not being able to speak English is a HUGE part of it. Like Craig said, it is already a really tough transition between the lucha libre style and WWE style and it was impossible for him to connect with the fans when he can't speak english.

I do think he could have been a success and been a popular mid-card wrestler for a long time if he had been given the time to adjust. But he would never going to be another Rey Mysterio.

Sin Cara admitted it was a steroid, but he didn't know what he did wasn't allowed by the Wellness Policy. This apparently pissed off the WWE brass.

Take this however you want, but Sin Cara was removed from the SummerSlam poster and replaced with lil Jimmy.

He's now removed from the Smackdown montage.