Thread: Help Me Build My Pull List

Help Me Build My Pull List

So, I finally have a local comic shop to call my own. Five of them actually. That means September is going to be a good time to start collecting. Of course, with the DCnU starting up, all those books will be new, so I'll be able to make those selections myself...

I want to know what I should read from the other companies... What's good right now? Who should I pay attention to? What comics in September are going to be worth my time?

Help a brother out!

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I'm sure you've decided which new DC books you want to try, so I'll turn my attention elsewhere. FF and Avengers Academy are consistently the two best books Marvel is publishing. I really dig Witch Doctor from Image and Snarked from Boom. And IDW is launching new ongoings for both Star Trek and Ghostbusters, if you're a fan.
    Funny superheroes, chilling monsters and much more. Here's where to buy eBooks, print books or audiobooks of Other People's Heroes, The Beginner, and all of my available writing: Blake's Now Available Page

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Petit View Post
    I'm sure you've decided which new DC books you want to try, so I'll turn my attention elsewhere. FF and Avengers Academy are consistently the two best books Marvel is publishing. I really dig Witch Doctor from Image and Snarked from Boom. And IDW is launching new ongoings for both Star Trek and Ghostbusters, if you're a fan.
    I do love Star Trek. And Ghostbusters. Both of those appeal to me. Are they starting in August or September?

And, Craig, of course I'm considering your 40-dollar pull list. I hope you realize the site is more than just you and Brandon, right?

Blog Entries
    I think they're both September launches, yeah. Maybe October, but no later, they've both been solicited.
    Funny superheroes, chilling monsters and much more. Here's where to buy eBooks, print books or audiobooks of Other People's Heroes, The Beginner, and all of my available writing: Blake's Now Available Page

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher J. Lawton View Post
    And, Craig, of course I'm considering your 40-dollar pull list. I hope you realize the site is more than just you and Brandon, right?
    Me and who? Huh?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher J. Lawton View Post
    I want to know what I should read from the other companies... What's good right now? Who should I pay attention to? What comics in September are going to be worth my time?
    I think that's the problem. The best current indy or creator-owned work are big serial stories which have been going on for several years now:

DMZ
    Walking Dead
    Invincible
    Fables
    Chew

The only ones I can think of (that I have read) that would be easy to jump on board on are:

Red Wing by Hickman and Pitarra from Image is on issue 2 of 4.
    Morning Glories by Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma from Image is on issue 11.
    The Sixth Gun by Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt from Oni Press is on issue 14.