Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Chess players here?

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any Chess players here?

I've been playing on Chess.com for a while... looking for some regular people to play with, and thought it's be cool to startup a cxPulp Group.

Anyway - if you are interested, check it out: http://www.chess.com/groups/home/cxpulp-chimpions

Blog Entries
    Based on the stunning response, I am guessing not too many.

Be that as it may, the cxPulp Chimpions have been challenged to a game of Vote Chess! I'll accept it if I can get 2 more people to join up in the next couple days...

Blog Entries
    I just became a member. Of course I suck at chess, but I'll give this site a shot.

Blog Entries
    That's no problem. There is only one way to get good at chess, and that is to play chess.

Don't forget to join the group! http://www.chess.com/groups/home/cxpulp-chimpions

Craig have you tried Chess with Friends from the makers of Words with Friends? I've never played chess, but I downloaded the app to try it out sometime. Let me know if you download it and maybe you can teach me a few things.

Blog Entries
    No, I've never tried that - but I don't think it will be better than the Chess.com app, which is fantastic. You got the wrong one!

I downloaded the chess.com app, and everytime I'm unsure what to do against the computer and click "hint" the game screws me into losing. Super awesome hints.

Blog Entries
    The game doesn't screw you into losing, the computer is just really damned good at chess.com. You have to set it at a really easy level if you are at all a beginner. The site is designed for highly ranked players to play. If you aren't planning several moves in advance, one hint isn't going to do much of anything - especially if you don't know where to take it from there.

If you really want to get better, I strongly recommend going to chess.com instead of Chess with Friends. Play with their tactic trainer as well - I think you get three free a day. I actually subscribe to that site... that's how much I like it.