Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PulpMafia: Silence Will Fall

Blog Entries

PulpMafia: Silence Will Fall

Day 0: Timey-Wimey

It was another average night - or afternoon, or something - in the TARDIS. The Doctor was busy genuflecting the temporal defrakulator, while Amy read from a book of Silurian fairy tales: mainly ones warning children away from "Hairless Apes." Rory, meanwhile was suffering from an unusual headache.

"Doctor, I can't seem to shake this buzzing in my head, despite having taken the recommended dosage of ibuprofen. I'm a nurse, you know. I'm worried I'm dying again."

The Doctor put on his most reassuring voice, "It's probably no cause for alarm, Rory, I'm sure it's just from that time you fell over."

"What do you mean, fell over?"

Just then, the vessel came to a screeching halt, stumbling the three occupants - Rory hit his head on the console.

The three stood up. The Doctor observed, "Sometimes that happens when traveling in time, you're everywhere at once, so you start to feel wounds you haven't incurred yet."

"Is that true?"

"Could be. Sounds true enough, doesn't it? I've been at this so long I can't even tell what I'm making up anymore."

The three stepped out of the TARDIS and found a foggy, darkened cityscape.

"Where are we?" asked Amy.

Waving his sonic screwdriver around, The Doctor determined, "London, mid-21st century, one of the many times it's been abandoned following the wars."

"Which wars?"

"I can't say for certain, but only one or fewer of the sides is from Earth. It appears the city's been placed under a makeshift temporal rift, meaning I can't get the TARDIS out until I find the source. Someone's brought us here... and they mean to keep us a while. Oh, this should be fun. I do hope something appears from the shadows and gives us a chase... love a chase."

It is now night. Roles will be submitted momentarily. Please submit your abilities. You have until 11 PM Monday.

1. Blake Petit
    2. Chris Lawton
    3. Craig Reade
    4. Andrea Speed
    5. Ecto AL
    6. Foxin
    7. Mark Blicharz
    8. Nelodius
    9. Waylon Wernette
    10. Jimmy Wahl
    11. Wolfwood
    12. westsidah408
    Last edited by Scott A. Williams; 01-03-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    Imagine you were dying and a long way from home and in terrible pain. And just when you think it couldn't get any worse, you look up and see the face of the devil himself...
    Scott A. Williams
    : I used to write here. You probably don't remember. I like music.

Blog Entries
    Two hours and change remain. A few abilities not yet received.
    Imagine you were dying and a long way from home and in terrible pain. And just when you think it couldn't get any worse, you look up and see the face of the devil himself...
    Scott A. Williams

Come on, peoples. We must help that Doctor... guy! (Watch it, Chris. You're dangerously close to revealing your lack of Dr. Who knowedge...)

And, apparently, how to spell "knowledge."

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, Chris... I don't know anything about this stuff either!

...waiiiiit a minute......
    Scott A. Williams

Blog Entries
    Night 1: Madman With a Box

"...And whatever you do," The Doctor declared, "Don't wander off. I cannot stress that enough. Stay by me. That's where it's safe, at least until it isn't. Then I shall have to find some other location for you to... hello? Hello? Ponds?"

The Doctor glanced around to see he was alone. He rolled his eyes, "Humans."

Just then, a familiar voice called from the distance. "Doctor! Doctor!" The title character looked over to see Dorium Maldovar rushing toward him at a pace not befitting his large, blue figure.

"Ah! Dorium, my favourite black-market information dealer. Surely you've gathered me some intelligence from the place where such things are... gathered?"

"You misunderstand me, Doctor..." Dorium wheezed, "I wasn't calling for you, specifically... rather, I was calling for any available medical attention. On account of... well..."

Before he could complete his thought, Dorium fell over, revealing a large gaping wound in his back.

Blake Petit is dead. He was Dorium Maldovar, town-aligned informant.

Elsewhere, Amy Pond was panicked and alone. Hiding behind the doorway of an abandoned-looking building, she whisper-shouted, "Doctor... Rory... anybody?"

She looked down at the tick-mark on her arm. She had drawn it there because she knew something was following her. But she turned to see it, too late...

Jimmy Wahl is dead. He was Amy Pond, town-aligned recruiter.

1. Chris Lawton
    2. Craig Reade
    3. Andrea Speed
    4. Ecto AL
    5. Foxin
    6. Mark Blicharz
    7. Nelodius
    8. Waylon Wernette
    9. Wolfwood
    10. Westsidah408

It is now day. This phase will last until 11 PM EST Tuesday. 6 votes are required to lynch.
    Scott A. Williams

Well that was fast. Vote: Craig

"Fight's over, son." Superman to Billy Batson.

"Superman's dials go to 11. Mine start there." - Me

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mark, you confused me for Andy.

Two people dead before they can even be a part of the game. That's quite brutal, really.

vote Nelo before he can vote for me..... He always votes for me.
    Magneto - Dusk - Sunfire - Scrambler - The Top - Manchester Black - AIM Agent Geoffrey
    - NO MERCY -