Thread: What's Next for the Streak?

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's Next for the Streak?

I have to presume that the DX matches are over now... so who challenges next?

My favorites:

The Miz
    CM Punk
    Dolph Ziggler
    Sheamus
    Cody Rhodes

I'd add Wade Barrett to the list, but I think he is just shy of being ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Reade View Post
    I have to presume that the DX matches are over now... so who challenges next?

My favorites:

The Miz
    CM Punk
    Dolph Ziggler
    Sheamus
    Cody Rhodes

I'd add Wade Barrett to the list, but I think he is just shy of being ready.
    I like The Miz more than any of those names. Creative can make it go toward CM Punk or Ziggler. I don't like Shaemus or Cody...I'd rather see Shaemus go against Taker at another PPV, but The Streak is all that's left of Taker's career.

I'm squarely in the minority, but after beating HHH in consecutive wrestlemanias, I want Taker to retire. HHH is arguably the best since Hogan. HBK would be one of the few other viable candidates and Taker "ended" HBK's career.

Deathstroke-Percy-Scarecrow-Luke Cage-Purple Man-Murmur-Red Skull

Blog Entries
    Personal Opinion? I don't believe any wrestler named on that list deserves a chance at the Taker's streak. Don't get me wrong, they'd all benefit from it but none of them could be built up to the point of being considered real threats to him at this stage in their career. ( Notice that I don't say threats to the streak, but threats to him personally. ) CM Punk has an outside chance, but that would be in my estimation about the only one I could see getting a shot. I could see someone like The Rock or Brock Lesnar getting the nod. Assuming the rumor mill is true about Rock being back as a participant next year, he'd be the logical choice. Lesnar is a storyline just waiting to happen with their real life confrontation last year.

At this point the Streak will end unblemished. So the next challenger (or even the one after that) is simply a send off match, for his Ric Flairian send off. That creates a need for it to be a Historic opponent.

Personally I'm cool with Taker retiring with a nice round 20-0, truly making it the "end of an era". (since I doubt HHH's era ended with last night)

Time to move on, back to making your title matches the top draws on Mania.

Blog Entries
    A few years ago it seemed like the only big match left for Undertaker would be Taker vs Cena and that's still a match I want to see. Considering that Cena has been around 10 years the two have had very few matches together because they have been on different brands for a majority of that time. One of Cena's first big PPV matches was a loss to the Undertaker while he was still in the "Big Dog" phase of his "American Bad Ass" gimmick. Both guys put on better matches on bigger stages so it's only natural for them to face eachother.

I also would be happy if last night really was "the end of an era" and was Undertakers last match. Austin knew his Wrestlemania 19 match against the Rock would be his last but didn't want it advertised that way. It could be the same here. Stealing the show (again) facing Triple H would be a fitting way to leave.

After tonights Raw though the opportunities for next years wrestlemania just got bigger with the possibility of Brock vs Taker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatix View Post
    A few years ago it seemed like the only big match left for Undertaker would be Taker vs Cena and that's still a match I want to see. Considering that Cena has been around 10 years the two have had very few matches together because they have been on different brands for a majority of that time. One of Cena's first big PPV matches was a loss to the Undertaker while he was still in the "Big Dog" phase of his "American Bad Ass" gimmick. Both guys put on better matches on bigger stages so it's only natural for them to face eachother.

I also would be happy if last night really was "the end of an era" and was Undertakers last match. Austin knew his Wrestlemania 19 match against the Rock would be his last but didn't want it advertised that way. It could be the same here. Stealing the show (again) facing Triple H would be a fitting way to leave.

After tonights Raw though the opportunities for next years wrestlemania just got bigger with the possibility of Brock vs Taker.
    Brock isn't nearly big enough. I mean for the time he was there he was awesome...face or heel...but Brock only gave WWE mainstream a good 3 or 4 years. That's not enough to challenge Taker. To be honest, The Miz's resume is almost comparable with that. I want the Undertaker to retire. Seriously.

Deathstroke-Percy-Scarecrow-Luke Cage-Purple Man-Murmur-Red Skull

I'd say based on his reaction last night, he's definately big enough. UFC is mega popular now, and Brock was a powerhouse there for a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylon Wernette View Post
    I'd say based on his reaction last night, he's definately big enough. UFC is mega popular now, and Brock was a powerhouse there for a while.
    I think Brock does make a lot of sense. Especially since he "reportedly" only has a 1 year contract. At the end of the contact with him leaving again the fans will turn on him. Instead of having another disaster like Goldberg vs Brock, putting Brock against one of the most popular and veteran wrestlers in WWE history to be beat will be something the fans want to see.