Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who are your favorite VILLAINS? (A Showcase Poll Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Petit View Post
    Cool. Thanks.

Who are Sephiroth and Vicious, by the way?
    Sephiroth is from Final Fantasy VII, and Vicious is from Cowboy Bebop.

Blog Entries
    Ah, two fandoms I'm fairly unfamiliar with. Thanks for expanding our horizons!
    Funny superheroes, chilling monsters and much more. Here's where to buy eBooks, print books or audiobooks of Other People's Heroes, The Beginner, and all of my available writing: Blake's Now Available Page

Doom: Richards!!!

First off Blake, +1 for the Abed reference.

Now, I'm going to try and stay away from comic villians for a moment.

Freddy Krugar as he was meant to be. What villian, what evil represents a parent's fears and envokes utter dispair more than a creature who not only aims to harm your most precious possession, but aims to do it in a realm far from your protective hand. He's the perfect mix of evil and carnage.

Christian Troy from Nip Tuck. He had friends, and even then, he cared little about hurting them. Sure, he would have the occasional attacks of conscience, but did it ultimately matter? No. It never caused him to change his ways. Even in episodes to where he thought he was dying from cancer, he would marry a friend to have her take care of him, only to leave her in the dust when it was all settled and he was deemed healthy. He coveted, chased and seduced his self proclaimed best friends wife. He was a fantastic character for tv, but he was a villian. He wasnt evil, as I belive his role of a villian was bred from his narcissism and not a geniune need to hurt others.

Artemis Entreri from R. A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms novels. Another character bred from nacissism along with his drive to be the best. But he was also evil. Killing to achieve his goals was never out of the question. He would partner with anyone, hated, loathed or loved if it meant he was closer to achieving whatever he may have been after. A perfect conversation to descibe Entreri's mindset is a short one he had with two companions.
    Ellery: "We will not be caught by surprise."
    Entreri: "Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words."
    Jarlaxle: "Then I am glad once again that you are on my side."
    Entreri: "They've often said that too."

Emperor Commodus from Gladiator. Do I need to explain why? Cowardice rewarded with a kingdom. The direct opposite of his counterpart in the movie. While Maximus lives by a code of honor and duty, Commodus lives for nothing more than his desire to be worshipped even though said worship isn't earned or deserved.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan Wrestling wasn't dying, but it wasnt near as popular with the masses in the mid 90's as it had been in the late 80's. Something needed to change. The wrestling world was shocked when the greatest hero of the 80's, the man we'd grown up listening to when he said to take our vitamins and say our prayers, turned on the fans. When Hulk Hogan walked down the isle at the end of Bash at the Beach, the fans went wild. The new team of the outsiders had been running rampant on the WCW for weeks in Hogans absence. The two had held their own and were winning their match. Their mysterious 3rd partner was nowhere to be seen. When Hogan came down the isle, the crowd went nuts. The hero was back! It was time to run wild on the Outsiders. But then, the landscape of wrestling changed forever. Hogan wasnt there to save Macho Man or Sting. He was there as the Outsiders partner! He was there to form the NWO, and to kick off what would be known as the Monday Night Wars making wrestling more entertaining than it had ever been.

I'll do 5 more later.

Blog Entries
    Okay, peeps, Kenny and I are going to record this episode TODAY, so it's last call to get your votes in! Post them here or e-mail me at BlakeMPetit@gmail.com by noon central time!
    Funny superheroes, chilling monsters and much more. Here's where to buy eBooks, print books or audiobooks of Other People's Heroes, The Beginner, and all of my available writing: Blake's Now Available Page

Joker
    Hannibal Lector
    Darth Vader
    Lex Luthor
    T-800
    zombies
    aliens
    dragons
    Sephiroth

Blog Entries
    Alas, my friend, the episode is already in the can. Good choices, though -- Joker and Luthor both made the top ten.

We're taking votes for our next poll episodes, though. Favorite Avengers and Justice Leaguers. Get your votes in now! http://www.cxpulp.com/showthread.php...stice-Leaguers

Blog Entries
    I'll have to go with

Thanos (can't go wrong with a nihilistic universal threat killer)
    Darkseid (can't go wrong with old school Kirby DS)
    Warlock (Julian Sands from Warlock and the sequal Warlock: Armageddon, he was one sick demon)
    Darth Vader (he was a very pitiful character once you finish with ep3, but a nasty one at that)
    Darth Sidious (not only evil, but manipulative to the core)
    Sauron (Evil, manipulative and (almost) everlasting)
    Dr Doom (He's Doom, can't have a top ten list without him)
    Black Adam (When he's bad, he's BAD)
    Frank Booth (villain from David Lynch's Blue Velvet, he was one sick puppy)
    Shao Kahn (Couldn't get enough of earth, even though it cost him in the end from taking almost every soul)
    "!!"Burn %^$#@& Burn!!