Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Film Cinematic Universe

DC Film Cinematic Universe

A few questions for you guys:

1. What films do you think should be made to lead into a Justice League film (you can include whatever you want, cameos, villains, etc)?

2. Do you think the Man of Steel should be the starting point towards a JL film?

3. What other DC properties do you think should be made into films?

The hardest part is just having a starting point. I think it would take a lot longer than what Marvel accomplished (Iron Man 1 was 4 years ago).

Maybe in the new man of steel, after superman defeats the main villain, have a scene w/ a villain/threat he can't face. They should also drop hints at the Daily Planet that more "vigilantes" in tights are popping up everywhere and maybe an interested look on Clark Kent's face when he sees the news. That I think would suffice just as well as a fury-esque character popping up and gathering a team.

Flash and Wonder Woman could be next. They could do a soft reboot of GL (like they did w/ Hulk) where he's been a GL for a few years and has been working mostly in space/oa. Then have a new batman as the magnet that draws them together (he works out their ids) at the end. I'd rather not have a new batman film for at least 5 years but I don't think WB can resist the money. Have the manhunter already on earth disguised as a character in every movie (he could be their Agent Coulson).

It's definitely a bit harder than the avengers.

I don't think they can copy the Avengers formula in regards to an outside force putting together the League (unless it's one of the League members) together. I like the first story arc of the new Justice League, where they naturally come together to fight a force bigger than all of them, to be a basis. IDK about using the Manhunter, my guess is WB and DC would rather have Cyborg in.

I like the idea of a soft reboot of GL, and the hints in Man of Steel. I think they don't need to make a new Batman film to lead into JL, there's enough public awareness to have him just appear IMO.

If they could somehow get Bale and Nolan back into a JL movie I think that would be sweet. I don't see that happening though. A JL movie should have Superman, Batman, GL, Wonder woman, Flash and Aquaman. Not sure about MM. I don't see DC pulling it off like Marvel did though.
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
    --Bruce Campbell in Army of Darkness--

I think the films to make leading into Justice League would be Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Wonder Woman is iffy, since I think it'd be better to make her (and Aquaman) the show stealer in a JL film (like Hulk was for the Avengers). Then after the JL is released films starring her and maybe Aquaman could be released for maximum revenue.

For the villain, the obvious choice would be Darkseid, but I think Starro/Despero/that other guy who controls people would make good villains, especially for justifying hero vs hero fights.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, looks like the wheels are somewhat starting to roll towards establishing a JLA presence on the big screen....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...e-league-plans

p.s. Wolfwood, DS would be to early imo to establish as the main villain, you'd want to reveal him at the end as the orchestrator of the first film, not unlike the Avengers, not just to do the same thing, but, he's just such a huge threat, I think it would work better if you lead into him, like using some of the others you suggested, say, like Despero, and make him a real badass/threat, then realize that as bad as his was, he was an underling under someone like DS, just my take.
    Last edited by Lord Raiden; 06-06-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    "!!"Burn %^$#@& Burn!!

Here's what I want. After Dark Knight Rises, we get a stinger with Clark Kent handing in a Batman story. That's all we need.

"Fight's over, son." Superman to Billy Batson.

"Superman's dials go to 11. Mine start there." - Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blicharz View Post
    Here's what I want. After Dark Knight Rises, we get a stinger with Clark Kent handing in a Batman story. That's all we need.
    I like the sound of that, don't even have to see him. If WB is serious bout this (JLA) they will work on Superman comming out next year tying into it by the end of the film somehow.
    "!!"Burn %^$#@& Burn!!

Maybe they should do the opposite of the Avengers, and use a Justice League as a launching point for the rest of the films (except maybe use Man of Steel as a soft lead-in).

That would be an even bigger risk wolfwood. It'd be sweet but the cost of a jla movie would be huge compared to single hero movies. Thor, Cap, and even the iron man films were almost like previews for the avengers (they made money too). marvel had time to get the word out and build anticipation. obviously the jla is more famous due to supes and bats but it'd be difficult to get audiences into new versions for some of these characters as well as an entirely new universe. especially if bale isn't batman (he probably won't be).