Thread: UFC 116 Lesnar vs. Carwin

Bigger on the Inside Ben Mayfield's Avatar

UFC 116 Lesnar vs. Carwin

I'm buying Saturday night's fight and having a few friends over. Brock Lesnar is probably my 2nd favorite fighter behind Andersen Silva, and Saturday will be big for him if he wins.
    Comics weren't actually better when you were a child. It was because you were a child.

“Every comic could be someone’s first” - Stan Lee

I think Brock is going to win too. He just needs to rush in and take Carwin down at the start, and IMO he'll keep him down. Guys I watch with though think Carwin is going to KO him, which is possible if Brock stands with him. I'm sad that Silva got hurt and had to pull out of the fight, but Akiyama/Leben is still a good fight.

Wow, Lesnar survived some bombs. Surprised to see him get the sub, I thought it would be TKO. And damn, Akiyama only had to survive 30 seconds to win, but he was too exahusted. Great night of fights, and everyone I wanted to win won. Looking forward to see Cain try his hand at Brock, but IMO he's too small.

The Neverending Rank Craig Reade's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If anything, this proves to me that Lesnar can't take Fedor. Not yet anyway. Thankfully, the UFC has some big guys that actually serve as a challenge to him now. He'll get better.

Looking forward to the rematch. Hopefully Carwin actually works on his Cardio next time around. If he didn't gas, he'd have won it.

Hell, if he didn't take it to the ground, I think he would have won it too.

Brock actually impressed me more by surviving that first round and coming back strong. Carwin had twice the strike count in the first round, but that one minute-eight second average fight length definitely came back to bite him in the ass.

The whole card ended being pretty good. A lot of good fights......
    Comics weren't actually better when you were a child. It was because you were a child.

The Neverending Rank Philip Roland's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Much as I loathe Lesnar, can't really deny him his props after Saturday night. Guy's the real deal. Can't see anybody but Fedor taking him down now, and even that's not a lock. The guy's just inhuman. Although against Fedor, Lesnar's going to have to work on avoiding those blows, otherwise it's still the Last Emperor's game.
    Life is too short to not be a dick to the people you hate.

I was impressed with his win to be honest.
    Last edited by Magnus2k; 07-06-2010 at 01:36 AM.

You know I honestly thought Brock lost this fight in the first round in that it should have been stopped. However in seeing the replay (yay DVR!!!) you can see Brock defending himself and kicking Carwin away with most of those blows landing on arms though to be sure some bombs got through. Anytime the ref called for action he did something to defend and the very definition of the criteria for not stopping it is being able to intelligently defend yourself.

The winner of Junior Dos Santos and Roy Nelson will get the next title shot. As much as I want to see big boy Roy knock out Lesnar, IMO Dos Santos is going to put him away. I think he'll be the next heavy weight champion (Dos Santos).

Quote Originally Posted by jx141 View Post
    You know I honestly thought Brock lost this fight in the first round in that it should have been stopped. However in seeing the replay (yay DVR!!!) you can see Brock defending himself and kicking Carwin away with most of those blows landing on arms though to be sure some bombs got through. Anytime the ref called for action he did something to defend and the very definition of the criteria for not stopping it is being able to intelligently defend yourself.
    Good point. He was creating a lot of space when he was kicking Carwin in the chest from the ground. I remember that being crucial to getting out of that round......